🥳 Join us in creating a happier world! 🥳
We believe work should be fun, and you should feel excited to get to work on Mondays. Our attitude towards work is why we got elected Iceland's second Greatest Place to Work in 2023.
If you are the kind of person who can't help but make everyday things more fun, competitive, or enjoyable, we may be looking for you.
Smitten is pioneering a new era in how single people lead their lives. Smitten is on a mission to create a happier world, bringing happy daters together with a fun and creative approach to online dating.
While talent is a close second, we hire for cultural fit first. We believe the key to success is how we communicate with each other, internally and externally. Communication is an enormous part of our company culture and product. While you don't have to be a people-skills expert when you join Smitten, you will grow to become exceptional at giving and receiving feedback, taking responsibility, feeling empathy, etc.
You may be a team fit if you:
- Have a deep, almost bizarre, passion for your work
- Are confident in your skillset
- Are humble enough to know you still have a lot to learn
- Want to become better in people skills
- Have an extraordinary high standard to do a good job
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Believe life and work should be an incredible, fun experience
Below are a bunch of things about how you will personally impact the product and, consequently, the lives of (one day) hundreds of millions of people. Before you check that out, does your gut tell you you want to work with us? If yes, keep reading; if no, that's alright; we are not everyone's type.
You will lead and take ownership of our feed algorithm. The feed algorithm is a recommendation engine that provides users with relevant potential matches and is crucial to the company's success.
Within one month, you will have:
- Researched state-of-the-art AI/ML algorithms, techniques, and technologies for dating apps
- Analyzed and measured the performance of the current feed algorithm
- Worked with the product team to define the roadmap for the feed algorithm and ensure its alignment with the company's goals
- Collaborated with the data team to define key performance indicators for the feed and ensure its continuous improvement
- Worked with the backend team to map out the integration of the recommendation engine and ensure its scalability, utilizing tools like AWS SageMaker
Within three months, you will have:
- Optimized the recommendation engine to provide more accurate and relevant potential matches
- Used A/B testing and user feedback to improve results
- Worked with the data team to improve the quality and quantity of data used by the engine
- Collaborated with the product team to define and implement new features related to the feed algorithm
- Implemented state-of-the-art AI/ML algorithms, techniques, and technologies for dating apps
Within six months, you will have:
- Developed and implemented new AI/ML models to improve the performance of the feed
- Presented research and findings to the team and stakeholders of Smitten
- Improved the Python backend architecture and infrastructure to support the feed algorithm and ensure its scalability
Within a year, you will have:
- Led the development of the next generation of the feed algorithm
- Worked cross-company to optimize features and processes, and set Smitten on further success trajectory. Developed and optimized additional monetization systems based on the feed algorithm
- Contributed to the improvement of the codebase and architecture of the AI/ML system
- Helped shape the company's culture of innovation and excellence
Skills and relevant experiences:
We are open to high-potential candidates with a variety of experience and expertise but would especially welcome candidates with a strong background in AI/ML and experience in some of the following areas:
- Deep learning, particularly in the context of recommender systems
- Experience with Python and Starlette
- Experience developing backend web applications
- Experience with popular AI/ML frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Knowledge of data science and statistics
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or GCP
- A "driver's" mindset – An internally motivated individual who picks up tasks instead of leaving them for someone else.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for building products that make a positive impact on people's lives
- Believes work should be fun
Last but not least - Perks, Comps & Benefits
We are a team of ambitious, highly motivated, and driven people who love their work. We need people who share our vision for work and ethics to become a global dominator in our space! You will significantly impact our culture and the company's future!
We believe work should be fun and support, even supercharge, your personal and professional growth. In addition to giving you a stock option plan, where you get shares in the company, we offer many perks and benefits. You will get the necessary gadgets to do your work, such as a new phone, computer, noise-canceling headphones, etc. You will have semi-flexible working hours, and we will provide free lunch and snacks at the office.
We know some opportunities are too good to pass up, so we have a rule called #SmittenPrivilege, which lets you ditch work to do shit you love. Want to go golfing on a Wednesday morning? #SmittenPrivilege! Need to leave early on Friday? #SmittenPrivilege! Too drunk on a Monday morning to get to work? Well… we may need to talk about how we can join your Sunday club.
And last but not least, you are not the only one joining the Smitten family. Your family and friends are too! We encourage you to have the occasional lunch with your mom or friend you haven't heard from in a while, and we'll pick up the tab!
If you want to join us in creating a happier world, we would love to hear from you!
Ps. We are a well-funded startup, operating in five markets and on our way to taking over many more in the coming months!