Staff Engineer - Charge Point Infrastructure Division
Monta is a platform dedicated to EV Infrastructure. One of our many goals is simplifying how users interact with home chargers and public chargers, but our ambitions go above and beyond that. This is where you potentially come into the picture. To realize these ambitions we are looking for awesome and motivated engineers to join our team and help shaping the future of EV infrastructure. It's a quickly evolving industry we're working in and we think that's quite exciting.
Here’s some of our partners that trust our product: Zaptec, Copenhagen Airport, PostNord, Vestas etc.
About the team
The team you would be joining is called Charge Point Infrastructure but we like to call it CPI. Now what exactly does that mean? The CPI team is responsible for communicating all things infrastructure that means communicating with charge points, the grid, solar panels, and batteries. In some cases that means building the system responsible for direct communication with charge points or building API integrations into other party’s systems. It’s definitely an interesting place to be as the challenges evolve on the daily basis so if you like learning new technologies and, even more important, new topics (How the grid works, Electronics, Telemetric Technologies) then this is the place for you.
So what does the job entail?
We’re in an ongoing process to make the best user charging experience in the EV Industry
- You will need to be able to scope out requirements and plan out the required features for turning ideas into real world features.
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures to identify areas that need optimization, we’re a 2 year old company but we’ve moved pretty fast. So theres definitely room for improvement on some of the processes so it’s a big plus if you’re the kind of person that can look at something and say “yes that can be done better”
- Maintain relationships and develop a positive team culture. In more clear terms you should be open to mentoring and helping out when other members of the team need it and more important be able to provide constructive feedback
- Provide engineering expertise to help executives make informed decisions about company goals.
- We expect you to be a fairly independent developer being able to take an idea and turn that into working code, but of course also being able to work in a team is crucial 🔑
- We appreciate someone who has the ideal solution in mind but also knows when to take the pragmatic approach
- Comfortable with learning new technologies and topics, we're working on tackling new problems throughout the industry and using scalable solutions to do that!
- Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Product oriented mindset
Our tech stack
To keep it short, sweet and simple you'll work with a fairly modern stack, some of the things that we're working with are:
- Kotlin (Java 17 and following the update schedule as closely as possible)
- Micronaut, Ktor
- MySQL/Redis (Database)
- Prometheus (monitoring system)
- Grafana (Dashboard/Metrics)
- Loki (Logging)
- ... The list goes on!
While we don't expect you to know everything about this stack you should be comfortable learning new tech.
- A yearly education budget, and a few extra days off to make use of it! For example: our Backend team went to the WeAreDevelopers World Congress in Berlin together.
- Our engineering team has a monthly meetup where they discuss their practices and get to learn a lot from each other.
- We're quite a social bunch so you can look forward to a good atmosphere at Monta with things such as: Friday bars, pub crawls, ping pong, and much more.
- Flexible working hours. We truly mean this so as long as you're at the important meetings and getting your work done that's all that matters.
- An attractive warrant package.
- Shared electric car at our Copenhagen office.
- You can choose your preferred operating system, we have Microsoft, Linux and MacOS available.
- And all sorts of surprises!
The salary range for this role is between 55-60k DKK and is a hybrid role located in Denmark, Copenhagen.
Something looks off?