Senior Backend Engineer (Copenhagen)
Monta is a new layer of technology that brings together installers, operators, service providers, EV drivers, and businesses with charge points.
At our core, we make EV charging simple, accessible, and reliable. Our software enables a consistent charging experience across all charge point brands and we empower charge point owners with a full-fledged solution to attract users and seamlessly manage usage, pricing, availability, and transactions.
By empowering Charge Point Operators and offering consistent charging experiences for Electrical Vehicle owners, Monta is laying the ground for a scalable and sustainable EV infrastructure.
Here’s some of our partners that trust our product: Zaptec, Copenhagen Airport, Vestas etc.
Our tech stack
To keep it short, sweet and simple, you'll work with a fairly modern stack. Some of the things that we're working with are:
- Kotlin (Java 17 and following the update schedule as closely as possible)
- Micronaut (micro service framework)
- AWS Cloud
- MySQL/Redis (Database)
- Prometheus (monitoring system)
- Grafana (Dashboard/Metrics)
- Loki (Logging)
- ... The list goes on!
While we don't expect you to know everything about this stack you should be comfortable learning new tech.
We're currently in the process of migrating our monolith application into smaller services
- You will need to be able to scope out requirements and plan out the required features for turning a given domain into a successful microservice
- Work with several teams (can be other backend teams or product teams) to ensure a smooth transition into the microservice
- Perform validation and verification testing
- We aim for fairly high code coverage for all of our services and JUnit5 is our tool of preference however you accomplish that is up to you!
- Postman for API documentation
- Document development phases and monitor system
- For internal documentation we use Notion
- Our stack includes Grafana/Loki for monitoring so while it's not important that you know how to use it be prepared to learn how
- The important thing here is that you will become a master of your given domain and you will have a lot of room to experiment on how to get there.
- We expect you to be a fairly independent developer being able to take an idea and turn that into working code, but of course also being able to work in a team is crucial 🔑
- We appreciate someone who has the ideal solution in mind but also knows when to take the pragmatic approach
- Comfortable with learning new technologies and topics, we're working on tackling new problems throughout the industry and using scalable solutions to do that!
What we can offer you
- A yearly education budget, and a few extra days off to make use of it! For example: our Backend team went to the WeAreDevelopers World Congress in Berlin together.
- Our engineering team has a monthly meetup where they discuss their practices and get to learn a lot from each other.
- We're quite a social bunch so you can look forward to a good atmosphere at Monta with things such as: Friday bars, pub crawls, ping pong, and much more.
- Flexible working hours. We truly mean this so as long as you're at the important meetings and getting your work done that's all that matters.
- An attractive warrant package.
- Shared electric cars at our Copenhagen office.
- You can choose your preferred operating system, we have Microsoft and MacOS available.
- And all sorts of surprises!
The salary for this role starts at 45k DKK gross/ month, depending on level of experience.
Due to our wish to grow our team, we have an ongoing selection process for this role, which is why you'll see it posted for a long time.