Social Media & Content Marketing Lead, US
Who We Are
Cobalt was founded on the belief that pentesting can be better. Our pentests start in as little as 24 hours and integrate with modern development cycles thanks to the powerful combination of a SaaS platform coupled with an exclusive community of testers known as the Cobalt Core. Accepting just 5% of applicants, the Core boasts over 400 closely vetted and highly skilled testers who jointly conduct thousands of tests each year.
Our award-winning, fully remote team is committed to helping agile businesses remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. Today, over 1,000 customers use Cobalt to run pentests on demand via Pentest as a Service, AKA PtaaS, a space which Cobalt pioneered (you could even say we wrote the book on it) and continues to lead.
Are you passionate about cybersecurity and social media and eager to be part of a team driving innovation in a dynamic industry? We are seeking a creative and autonomous individual to join our team as a Social Media & Content Creator for Cobalt. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in shaping and presenting compelling narratives that resonate with our Enterprise customers.
What You'll Do
- Lead the global social media & content marketing strategy for the business with a focus on delivery and growth metrics, aligned with company goals and target audience needs
- Collaborate with marketing, product and sales to understand audience personas, industry trends and customer pain points to inform content creation.
- Create and oversee the distribution of a variety of content types, including:
- Case studies and customer content
- Product content
- Articles, interviews and blog posts
- Videos & infographics
- Copy for paid advertising and B2B social posts
- Develop and maintain a content calendar and ensure transparency, for consistent and timely content delivery across various platforms
- Develop strategy and execute on strategy around industry events, to curate and deliver engaging content.
- Optimize content for SEO to improve organic visibility and drive traffic to our website.
- Monitor content performance metrics, analyze data and provide insights to refine content strategies and improve engagement.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with customers, industry influencers, guest contributors, and partners for collaborative content initiatives.
- Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies and content marketing best practices.
- Ensure content compliance with brand guidelines, tone of voice.
- Autonomous creation of diverse stories across various formats: Linkedin, YouTube, Blogs and Thought Leadership Articles including Research Studies.
- Management of all Cobalt organic channels (LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram).
- Leadership in new content creation for these channels.
- Establishment as an influential voice in shaping the growth of the Cobalt brand, becoming the go-to person for all organic content.
- Comprehensive onboarding to Cobalt's content and brand enabling GTM team members to leverage content to engage prospective customers in their cadences
- Minimum of 2 years in Cybersecurity or Technology
- 3-5 years of experience working in a Content Marketing and/or Social Media Role
- Confident & able to write engaging content, often explaining complex concepts
- Proficient in editing across all formats with a focus on cybersecurity content.
- Ability to work at a rapid pace, delivering multiple, varied edits throughout the week
- Genuine passion for content marketing and social media
- Defining and Developing a social media strategy and Managing Social Media channels
- Experience in a B2B SaaS business is desired
- Exceptional writing, prooﬁng and editing skills, with proven experience of delivering diverse content types
- Experience planning and delivering content marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and lead generation
- Experience owning and managing Social Media Channels, Content Calendars and Social Posting including Community Management
- A proven track record of creating and delivering successful campaigns
- Familiarization with all marketing channels and understanding the impact of content on the business
- Excellent project management skills to ensure on-time content delivery
- Data driven mindset with the ability to analyse content performance metrics and translate insights into actionable strategies.
- Proﬁciency in content marketing tools and platforms, including management systems, analytics and SEO tools.
- A global outlook
- Academic background in Media, Languages, Journalism
- Prioritize ability, ambition and suitability over experience
Diversity at Cobalt
With over 45 nationalities already at Cobalt (and counting) we respect and celebrate diversity! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. We support each other and are grateful for each Cobalter's contribution to our mission — let's make security dance!
Please apply even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but are still interested in the job. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Save for the future with a 401(k) program (US) or pension (EU)
- Benefit from medical, dental, vision and life insurance (US) or statutory healthcare (EU)
- Leverage stipends for:
- Work-from-home equipment & wifi
- Learning & development
- Make the most of our flexible, generous paid time off and paid parental leave
- Work remotely from anywhere in the US, the UK, or Germany
Pay Range Disclosure
Cobalt is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $87,200 - $109,000 per year + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states and may be impacted by proximity to major metropolitan cities.