Frontend Engineer - Estonia Engineering · Tallinn · Hybrid Remote
Frontend Engineer - Estonia
Re-invent the world’s largest industry as part of a dynamic, venture capital-backed hospitality tech start-up with huge growth ambitions!
About Bob W
Bob W is a fast-growing tech company providing an authentic 5-star experience to every single guest at scale while leading the world’s transition to sustainable hospitality.
Bob’s apartments cater to the 21st-century traveller who wants it all: the consistent quality of a hotel and the authentic flair of a short-stay rental. We combine the best of both worlds in our climate-neutral apartments across Europe in coolest neighbourhoods. As we expand fuelled by venture capital and investment from top-tier real estate equity firms, we’re building the technology to give every guest a local, five-star experience at scale.
So, are you ready to join the journey?
About the role
Our small tech team is growing fast, which means you potentially have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a funded tech startup while there is not much tech yet. The team is developing the platform to run a world-class accommodation operation with the scale and reliability only tech can unleash.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be responsible for working closely with our designers, product managers, and other engineers to build world-class products that will change the way people travel and experience the world. You will also be involved in mentoring less experienced colleagues and recruiting new joiners. Our team setup expects you to visit our Tallinn office on weekly basis.
Are you interested to learn why we hire software engineers? We have written an article to explain just that!
In this role, you will:
- Take responsibility for developing complex software tasks.
- Detect, analyze, and fix software defects.
- Conduct automated testing and document the process.
- Deploy developed software, and monitor for possible errors and performance issues.
- Perform code reviews and provide quality feedback to peers.
- Identify bottlenecks, and discuss and plan software design and architecture considering the system as a whole.
- Lead software design and architecture initiatives.
- Lead process improvement initiatives, and establish the best practices and methodologies for development across the department.
- Participate in the hiring process.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers.
- Ensure that service monitoring is implemented.
- Drive product improvement by actively collaborating with Product Managers and other stakeholders.
Our 5-star candidate:
- Is ready to join a technology startup to disrupt the hospitality industry.
- Has 3+ years of experience with frontend technologies.
- Has previous experience working with several frontend libraries (React, Vue, Angular or similar).
- Is able to think on an abstract and architectural level.
- Experienced in close collaboration with designers, product managers and other engineers.
- Has a solid understanding of MVPs, prototyping and fast delivery.
- Possesses proficient English language skills.
- Has previous experience with mentoring.
- Is able to clearly communicate your ideas to the border team.
- Has a wide outlook on IT and the world around.
- Has a proven track record of taking ownership and leading initiatives.
- Is an avid supporter of continuous learning and being up-to-date with latest technologies.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in STEM fields.
- Experience working with multiple different tech stacks.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and previous experience working in startups.
- Inner drive to make customers happy by providing them with the best experience.
- The opportunity to re-invent the world’s largest industry by shaping a young and dynamic tech company with huge growth ambitions.
- Stock option plan.
- Voluntary health insurance and sports compensation.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Free nights at any Bob W location.
- Development and growth opportunities.
- Smart and highly motivated team.
- A multicultural, diverse, and highly rewarding work environment.
Job Level: IC2 - IC3
Learn more about our career development framework here.
Please note that this position will be closed as soon as a sufficient number of qualified candidates are identified. We encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Bob W.
Bob W is a venture capital-backed, tech-enabled hospitality company that merges hotel-like consistency, services and amenities with the authenticity and livability of a home. With our beautifully designed and authentic living spaces, we offer a home away from home for leisure and business travellers alike, no matter if you’re staying for a few nights or a few months.