Maintenance Manager - London Western Europe (Operations) · London · Hybrid Remote
Maintenance Manager - London
Re-invent the world’s largest industry as part of a dynamic, venture capital-backed hospitality tech start-up with huge growth ambitions!
Are you a motivated and experienced Maintenance Manager with a passion for leading projects and processes? Do you have excellent technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you at Bob W!
At Bob W, we are dedicated to providing exceptional experiences for our guests. As a Maintenance Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the highest standards of maintenance, health, and safety across our properties. Your exceptional leadership skills, technical expertise, and attention to detail will be instrumental in driving performance and maintaining our reputation for excellence.
About Bob W
Bob W is a fast-growing tech company providing an authentic 5-star experience to every single guest at scale while leading the world’s transition to sustainable hospitality.
Bob’s apartments cater to the 21st-century traveller who wants it all: the consistent quality of a hotel and the authentic flair of a short-stay rental. We combine the best of both worlds in our climate-neutral apartments in the coolest neighbourhoods of different cities across. As we expand fuelled by venture capital and investment from top-tier real estate equity firms, we’re building the technology to give every guest a local, five-star experience at scale.
So, are you ready to join the journey?
In this role, you will:
- Take ownership of all Health & Safety and Maintenance compliance tasks, working closely with our Ops Specialists.
- Track and record all Health & Safety and Maintenance items in the Common Sense Compliance portal.
- Create and execute a weekly schedule for reactive maintenance tasks.
- Maintain the highest room quality standards that are in line with Bob's high standards.
- Set up maintenance contracts, conducting due diligence and competitor pricing analysis.
- Assist with yearly maintenance and capital expenditure budgets/requests.
- Ensure the Maintenance budget is on track.
- Conduct site inspections to identify quality issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinate external contractor site visits and on-site maintenance work, ensuring adherence to relevant safety measures and processes.
Our 5-star candidate has:
- 3 years of experience as a Maintenance Manager in apart-hotels or hotels.
- Experience in motivating, leading, and developing a maintenance team.
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Competent and confident IT skills in relevant property management software and Microsoft Office.
- Kind and compassionate leadership skills with a tenacity for driving performance.
- Poised and considered communication skills.
- Eye for pedantic detail.
- Positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- The opportunity to re-invent the world’s largest industry by shaping a young and dynamic tech company with huge growth ambitions.
- Employee stock option plan.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Oliva mental well-being platform access.
- Voluntary health insurance.
- Sports subscription with Gympass.
- Development and growth opportunities.
- Smart and highly motivated team.
- A multicultural, diverse, and highly rewarding work environment.
If you are ready to join a dynamic team and make a significant impact in the world of hospitality, we want to hear from you! Bob W offers a supportive work environment, competitive compensation, and opportunities for growth and development.
Job Level: IC3-IC4
Learn more about our career development framework here.
Please note that this position will be closed as soon as a sufficient number of qualified candidates are identified. We encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Bob W.
Bob W is a venture capital-backed, tech-enabled hospitality company that merges hotel-like consistency, services and amenities with the authenticity and livability of a home. With our beautifully designed and authentic living spaces, we offer a home away from home for leisure and business travellers alike, no matter if you’re staying for a few nights or a few months.