Senior UX Product Designer
Qvin is becoming a global leader in Women's Health. Our health technology platform helps women manage their health better, through a non-invasive blood collection device named the “Q-Pad”.
You can read more about us on our careers page and on Qvin.com.
We're seeking a seasoned UX designer to join our team as a Senior UX Product Designer. In this role, your design and UX expertise will make you a critical part of all Qvin app development. As an early member of our team, you will have the ability to make a big impact in the way we delight our customers through branded, functional and impactful product experiences.
You will be involved in the product development process, from conducting early research and visioning to launching, and iterating further. We are looking for someone to work across both UX and visual design and are excited about creating intuitive and delightful user experiences. Your expertise in the Design Thinking process will be put to use as you work closely with partner teams, facilitate conversations, create concepts, run design sprints, and build rapid prototypes.
We are looking for someone who is not only data-driven but also customer-obsessed, with a deep understanding of how to create scalable experiences that meet the needs of our customers. Your ability to balance user needs with business objectives will be critical as you leverage your knowledge to deliver impactful designs that resonate with our audience.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Lead and build the world’s first Qvin mobile app product experience.
- Lead the strategy and direction for the design system and design excellence at-scale.
- Oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch, working cross-team to gather feedback and drive alignment with business leaders, product management, marketing, and engineering.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product team.
- Produce high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Acts as the UX expert and advisor to the organization on app design, standards, best practices, accessibility, and exploration of experiences within the Apple and Android ecosystem (via Flutter).
- Create delightful and intuitive experiences based on customer needs, simplifying complex actions, and finding creative solutions to UI/UX challenges.
- Conduct and coordinate usability interviews to gather feedback and insights into customer needs.
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and use research to inform design solutions.
- Prototype and test out concepts to help validate hypotheses and arrive at the best customer outcome.
- Sweat the details in everything you design with pixel perfection, leaving nothing up to ambiguity.
- Communicate features and UX flows to the engineering team to ensure a smooth handover.
- Help support and evolve our design systems, component libraries, and product guidelines.
- Roll up your sleeves and get involved, collaborate with the rest of the team.
- Degree in Design, HCI (Human Computer Interaction/Human Factors), Information Architecture, Digital Design, Computer Science or similar
- You have 8+ years of experience as a UI/UX Product Designer with a focus on mobile apps.
- You are fluent in best practices for UX Design, Visual Design, User Interface Design, and Interaction Design.
- Experience creating beautiful, accessible, intuitive, and responsive end user experiences.
- Experience building products for Android, iOS, and the web.
- Experience conducting user research, usability testing and feedback analysis.
- Visual design experience with proficiency in typography, mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function.
- Deep knowledge of user experience methods, innovation, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, concept visualization, problem-framing skills and design principles.
- Expertise in design and animations tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, or similar. Figma experience required as this is existing tool.
- Strong design portfolio showcasing your experience with user-centered design, information architecture, wire-framing, prototyping, design specifications, and high-fidelity design.
- Familiarity with Flutter and its capabilities in designing for iOS, Android, and Web platforms.
- Strong communication skills and advocacy for a human-centered approach.
- You’re passionate about what you do, and are dedicated to delivering the highest level of quality in everything you create.
- You're able to stay on top of current design trends and best practices, but also know when to venture off and break the mold.
- You can be scrappy and versatile when needed, able to wear many hats and work outside of your comfort zone.
- Bonus points if you have animation or copywriting skills.
- We are looking for a product designer based in or willing to relocate to the Bay Area and work in office in Menlo Park.
- This is an exciting contract-to-hire opportunity that offers the potential to transition quickly to long-term employment with our team.
Something looks off?