Cobalt Core Pentester - US Remote-Only
Who We Are
The Cobalt Core is a community of highly skilled security pentesters who are passionate about what they do and are always striving to be at the top of their game. This curated community is made up of security professionals with years of experience as well as talented pentesters who are eager to hone their trade and showcase their skills. They all have a strong drive to keep up-to-date on the latest vulnerabilities and exploits, and the tools and methodologies to find them.
Cobalt Core members believe that sharing ideas and collaborating with peers is the best way to achieve great results.
If you believe you would be a good fit to join the Cobalt Core, and are eager to contribute to the community and participate in the pentests running on the Cobalt platform, please apply.
Who You Are
- Based in the USA
- 3+ years of Pentesting or similar experience
- Professional demeanor
- Respectful towards others
- Take pride in the work you produce
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Desire to be an expert within your field
- Deep understanding of application security
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Collaborative spirit
What You'll Do
- Perform manual penetration testing of web applications, APIs, internal and external networks, iOS and Android mobile applications
- Work as a member of a pentest team, collaborating and engaging directly with the client
- Document in detail the results of assessments, audits, tests, and verification activities
- Perform manual validation of vulnerabilities
- Perform mobile and web app pentesting for OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities.
- The following certifications are a plus:
- CREST, PenTest+, GPEN, CEH, OSCP, AWS, CISSP, eCPPT, eWAPT, OSCE, OSWE
Why You Should Join Us
- Work with and learn from other highly skilled security researchers
- Get to work on many different interesting projects and applications
- Flexible work hours
- Make the internet more secure - one application at a time
- Professional and career development
- Get compensated for your time and effort
- Application - Becoming part of the Cobalt Core is a highly selective process, and only the best applicants will be invited to next steps in the on boarding process. Preference will be given to applicants who come referred by other Cobalt Core pentesters.
- Chat with a Cobalt representative - Get to know about Cobalt and how we work. We will also want to know about you, your experience, strengths and what drives you. If we all think it's a great fit, we will explore how we can work together!
- Getting setup on the Cobalt platform + Background Check & ID Verification - In this step we will make sure you are all set up for success, and we will also ask you to pass a Background Check & ID Verification.
- Start working on cool projects!
Applicants need apply only once, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that this is not an entry level position available only to Pentesters residing within the USA. Applicants outside of the US will not be considered if you apply through this job posting.
Something looks off?